It’s the first installment of Wishlist Wednesday! …Which is, honestly, a self-indulgent feature where I talk about some of the things on my Amazon.com wishlist that I’m doing a little bit of drooling over.
So without further ado, here are six things I’m really loving this week!
1. Madewell Skinny Skinny Jeans – I have been dying for a pair of Madewell jeans for years. Years. They’re expensive, though, and so I’ve never actually pulled the trigger. Over the past six months, I’ve really been making an effort to build my wardrobe and focus on quality, rather than quantity; it really hit me that – ultimately – I was spending just as much on low-quality items that weren’t even making it through an entire season (let alone seeing me into a second or third) as I would be if I focused on purchasing higher-quality pieces that would – you know – actually NOT fall apart. Anyway, so maybe these are in my future. BUT I did happen to stop by Gap this morning and see these new beauties, soooooo…
2. Jack the Mini Monster – Okay. Are you guys familiar with Monster Factory? ‘Cos seriously, YA NEED TO BE. (Any Gilmore Girls fans in the house? No? Okay, then.) I stumbled across these guys on Instagram months ago, and I’ve been in love ever since. My birthday is coming up, and I’m hoping this little dude ends up heading my way. If not, I may just have to do it up myself. SO CUTE.
3. DVF Glitterati iPhone case – I don’t typically do expensive phone cases (okay, never. Like, I have never done that), but this one is amaaaaazinggggg. Plus, it’s currently 50% off – 60% if you like black better than sand. And sales make everything even more amazing.
4. Embolden Opportunity Coat – I have some ModCloth merchandise credit that I’ve been holding onto for ages now, and I’m thinking this might be what I finally spend it on. New England has been a cold, gray, snowy mess for weeks, and I’m definitely dreaming of Springtime – this is fitting right into those daydreams. Plus, I’d look like the Gorton’s fisherman, so that’s a major score, too.
5. PrimeEffects Sweet Dreams Sleep Mask – Guys, I am the worst sleeper ever. Ever. I’m sensitive to noise, light, air and probably things like oxygen and existence. (SIGH.) I’ve referred to myself as a “sleep freak,” and I stand by that statement. The Dude doesn’t always find early sleepy-time as exciting as I do, so I’d love to give this a try when he’s got the living room light on and the cats decide opening our bedroom door sounds like the most fun thing ever.
6. Half of a Yellow Sun – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is an absolutely incredible human, and she has the most beautiful writing style. I just finished “Americanah,” and I’m eager to try another of her novels. I’ve heard great things about this one. In the meantime, have you seen her TED talk, “The Danger of a Single Story“? Brilliant.
Is anyone reading? If you are, tell me what’s on your list! 😉